Validating Your Pre-Order Purchase
The EYBD platform will provide digital access on Eat Your Books to the complete book, as long as you meet the criteria as defined by the book publisher. In most cases this means pre-ordering a print copy of the title before publication date or purchasing a print book as part of a promotional tie-in such as an author book tour. If there is a promotional period after publication date then there will be an expiry date set by the publisher - you must validate your purchase before the expiry date.
The EYBD Book is a conversion of the book to a digital format - it will not be available on the site until publication date. It cannot be copied, downloaded, printed or saved.
To access the EYBD book you need to do 2 things:
- Be a member of the Eat Your Books community (this can be a Free membership)
- Validate your purchase of the print cookbook
You will have digital access to the full cookbook wherever you are - on vacation, at work, in the grocery store, etc. In addition to the digital book, all the features of EYB will be included in the access, at no cost to the book purchaser.
• Recipe search
• Recipe ratings and reviews
• Photo upload (personal photos of dishes cooked)
• Shopping lists
Eat Your Books Membership
Membership of EYB is free to access your EYBD Book. Free membership has a 5-book limit but all EYBD Books are in addition to this limit. The best way to find out about Eat Your Books is to create an account - there are interactive walkthroughs that will show you why thousands of cookbook lovers find it an invaluable resource. Just click on the "Need Help?" button in the bottom right-hand corner of any page on the site (not available on phones) and select "New Members Introduction" or check out this support page.
If you only want to have access to the digital version of your new book - that's easy. Just create a bookmark link in your own browser to the EYBD Book URL. You will need to be signed in to EYB to view the EYBD Book.
Validate Your Book Purchase
- You should have a URL address for the Eat Your Books validation page for your new book. This will either have been through publicity material or a bookmark in the book. If you don't have this, please check the list below. If your new book is not listed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and state which book you have purchased.
- You will need to have available proof of purchase in JPG format (scan, screenshot or photo of receipt, online order, etc). You will upload this image on the validation page and once we have verified that the receipt is genuine and is not a repeat of a previously uploaded receipt, your access will be approved.
- The book will be added to your Bookshelf, though the book index and the EYBD Book are not available until publication date. We will email you on publication date that your access to the EYBD Book is now live. You will access the EYBD Book from an orange EYBD Book button on the book listing on your Bookshelf.
Access codes for EYBD Books
Southern Baked - http://bit.ly/EYBDSBaked
Seattle Cooks - http://bit.ly/EYBDScooks
Just a French Guy Cooking - http://bit.ly/EYBDFguy
Cooking in Color - http://bit.ly/EYBDCcolor
Vancouver Eats - http://bit.ly/EYBDVeats
Always Delicious - http://bit.ly/EYBDADel
Kiwi Baker at Home - http://bit.ly/EYBDKiwiB
Homegrown Kitchen - http://bit.ly/EYBDHome
Copenhagen Food - http://bit.ly/EYBDCopF
Home Cooking with Kate McDermott - http://bit.ly/EYBDHCKate
Pasta, Pretty Please - http://bit.ly/EYBDPasta
La Boca Loca - http://bit.ly/EYBDBoca - available October 23
My Indian Kitchen - http://bit.ly/EYBDInd - available October 23
Pie Squared - http://bit.ly/EYBDPie - available October 23
Atelier - http://bit.ly/EYBDAtel - available October 30
Supercharge Your Gut - http://bit.ly/EYBDSuper - available October 30
Bourke Street Bakery: All Things Sweet - http://bit.ly/EYBDAll - available November 6
Searing Inspiration - http://bit.ly/EYBDSear - available November 6
Extra Helping - http://bit.ly/EYBDExtra - available November 6
Did you find this article helpful?