We have added a great new feature that lets you view a complete recipe as it appears on the page in the cookbook. Publishers allow EYB to show a few sample recipes - each of these recipes are accessible to all EYB members, whether you own the book or not.
You can add these recipes to your Bookshelf in the same way you do any online recipe.
- View all EYBDigital recipes in the EYB Library - tick on the circle on the right-hand side to select.
- Click on the blue +Bookshelf button to add the recipe to your Bookshelf.
- You can view the recipe by clicking on the orange button - you do not have to have the recipe on your Bookshelf to view the recipe.
View of an EYBDigital recipe.
Please Note: You cannot add EYBDigital recipes to your Bookshelf until the book is indexed. Sometimes the EYBD recipe is available before the index as we are not allowed by the publisher to put the index up on EYB until pub date. There are a few ways to keep track of new Preview recipes that can be added:
1. Periodically search the EYBDigital Recipes sorted by Recently Added. The Recently Added criteria are recipes in index order so you will only see recipes that can be added to your Bookshelf. They will all have blue +Bookshelf buttons.
2. Another option is to add Unindexed Preview books for which you are interested in the recipes to your Bookshelf with a Bookmark tag "Previews to come" (or whatever wording works for you). You will get an email from us alerting you when the book is indexed. You could also periodically sort your Bookshelf by Date Indexed and see which ones may now be available. Just remember to delete the book from your Bookshelf before you add the Preview recipes - you do not have to have the book on your Bookshelf to add individual recipes and you don't want all the other recipes appearing in your searches.
3. Alternatively just keep an eye on Library Books where the default sort is latest indexed. Each indexed book with an orange EYB Preview button will stand out. Or filter the Library Books by EYBDigital Previews and the ones at the top are the latest indexed.
4. Finally, there are some books that we may never index even though we provide a Preview. In those cases you can add the recipes you want in your searches as Personal Recipes, adding the Preview URL for that page to the Online URL field. There is a Help section on Personal Recipes.