Whenever you see a recipe on a food website that you like the look of, you can add it to your Bookshelf from your SmartPhone using the EYB Bookmarklet.
To use the Bookmarklet feature, you first have to install the Bookmarklet on your SmartPhone (see here how to do this):
Using an iPhone
- Make sure you are signed in to EatYourBooks.
- Go to the website page that the recipe is on and click the bottom of your screen to bring up the icon bar.
- Click on the open book icon.
- Click on the Bookmark "Add to EYB Recipes" (this is the Bookmark that you've previously added).
- The EYB recipe index form will pop up for you to complete. We take as much data as we can from the website - usually at least the recipe name and photo. If there is no photo it means we are unable to copy it from the website. If you can see a photo but it did not load, leave an Indexer note about it and we will add the photo when the recipe is approved. To maintain consistency and quality to the EYB recipe index, please take care to add correct data. Click on each ? against the fields before you complete a recipe index for the first time. Once you save the recipe it will be added to your own Bookshelf and the EYB Library, after proofreading by EYB (this can take up to 24 hours).
- If you would like to keep all the online recipes that you have added to the Library easily searchable then add your own Bookmark when you save the recipe. If you click the Bookmarks field on the data entry form, your own Bookmarks will appear.
Please Note: If you do not want to complete the form to EYB's indexing standards then you can add it as a Personal Recipe which will only show in your Bookshelf.